The Kingston Interfaith Committee will host a panel discussion on the role of faith organisations in preventing family violence.
The panel will include:
- Paula Westhead, executive officer Emerge Women & Children’s Support Network
- Dr Ree Boddé, Think Prevent
- Pudak Nayati, Indonesian Muslim Community of Victoria
- Frankston City Mayor, Cr Sandra Mayer
- Interfaith Committee members.
A buffet dinner will follow the discussion. The event is free, but guests are encouraged to bring a gift card donation to the victims of family violence living in crisis accommodation in Kingston. The cards and vouchers will be collected during the event and donated to Emerge to support women and children. Emerge may use some of the donations as Christmas presents.