Respect Victoria is proud to partner with Safe and Equal and Safe Steps to support this year’s 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence.
Following an incredibly successful series of initiatives in 2021, we are delighted to once again work alongside leading organisations to bring a prevention lens to the UN Women’s 16 Days of Activism.
Each year, Respect Victoria leads and supports initiatives that encourage community conversation, awareness and action on preventing violence against women.
This year, activities will include:
- The Walk Against Family Violence on Friday 25 November, led by Safe Steps
- Grassroots community campaign initiatives run by councils and organisations across the state, led by Safe and Equal
- Respect Victoria’s 16 Days of Activism primary prevention campaign, Respect Women: ‘Call It Out’ (Respect Is) (stay tuned for further information!)
Want to get involved? Alongside our partner organisations, we’re in the process of developing resources, stories and assets to share and engage with. In the meantime, you can:
- Subscribe to the Safe and Equal 16 Days of Activism newsletter for regular updates and access to resources as they become available
- Keep an eye on the Safe Steps Walk Against Family Violence webpage for updates
- Pop the 25 November – 10 December in your calendar to mark the 16 Days of Activism, and start thinking about how you and your organisation will participate.