Key discussion points
The symposium covered a range of opportunities for progressing prevention research, including:
- how findings inform practice and policy, including practice knowledge as important evidence
- the use of shared definitions, frameworks and data sets
- the role of decolonisation in prevention work
- the need for better collaboration with community organisations
- addressing the overlapping drivers of multiple forms of family violence
- understanding perpetration of violence
- understanding community attitudes to violence, including backlash and resistance.
A summary of these discussions, opportunities and questions for further exploration are presented in the summary report.